Best-selling author and leadership speaker Fawn Germer shows how to succeed when everyone else is surrendering. Get your mind in check.
By FAWN GERMER
Best-selling Author and Popular Leadership Speaker
If you are feeling frustrated and overwhelmed, it is likely because you’ve encountered some negativity and reinforced it in your brain. We can do a lot of damage to ourselves, but fortunately, we have the power to undo it very quickly and easily. This article on reprogramming your success talk will show you how.
First, realize that you don’t have to look far to get a negative message from the universe. It is more important than ever that you keep your “self-talk” in check and use the right affirmations to keep you focused, productive and positive.
Feeling helpless? You have to own some of the responsibility for the negativity that is bringing you down. Bad things may have happened to you, but it is your willingness to dwell on them and repeat the negativity to yourself that ultimately sucks you down into the black hole. You have far more control over your success than you know, and it comes down to putting the right messages into your brain to overpower the negativity and frustration that is holding you back.
Science has proved this again and again. Your brain is like a computer hard drive. You can program it positive or negative. You can reprogram it, too. The first day, say your affirmations 100 times. Or more. The second day, do the same thing. The third day, start doing them 50 times, and then you can drop down to 30 and then 10. The repetition writes over the negativity that has been there in the past. If you stop alltogether, it won’t be long before the dark messages come back. So, keep your message positive and repeat it!
Here are a few affirmations to get you started.
Affirmations to Get You In the Game
1. Every obstacle presents a new opportunity for me to succeed.
2. The window is wide open for me to step in and achieve while others are giving up.
3. This is a great chance to show leadership and expand my influence.
4. I am creating a richer and more abundant life.
5. I am going to make more money than I have ever made.
6. I choose to focus on the possibility that exists and I know that life will continue to be abundant.
7. I have faith in myself and know I will emerge from this experience more successful than I ever dreamed I’d be.
8. I am more confident every day.
Copyright 2009 by Motivational Speaker Fawn Germer, all rights reserved.